Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sluggish gameplay/ slow frame rate on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Loving my new iPhone however, it is a theme across all my games (2D space shooter games Winwing, Galaxiga, Wind Wings) Gameplay is sluggish like if the game is supposed to be 60 FPS, it is 40-50 FPS. Playable, but visually noticeable. Obviously, iPhone 14 Pro Max is more than capable of running these games to perfection so not sure if it is a software fix or something else. I don’t think it’s the games themselves as all three having the exact same problem all at once would be quite small. I hope this is a software fix and wondering if anyone else has a similar issue? Also, is there a way to tweak the screens refresh rate? I know you can reduce it in accessibility but can you do anything else?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 6:13 PM

Best contact the third-party app vendors for assistance with achieving the best available app frame rates.

2 replies

sluggish gameplay/ slow frame rate on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.