Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro screen goes white

2018 MBP: The screen gets white around the edges first and then slowly the whole screen turns white. The light even starts flickering. I checked with a local engineer he said there's a problem with the inverter of the display. While the apple service center is saying i need to replace the whole display itself which is very costly. What do you think is the problem?

In the image attached, the wallper is dark blue. The white portion in the center the the problem. Slowly the whole screen goes white. Please help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 2:59 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2022 6:24 AM in response to Sagar4848

Sagar4848 wrote:

2018 MBP: The screen gets white around the edges first and then slowly the whole screen turns white. The light even starts flickering. I checked with a local engineer he said there's a problem with the inverter of the display. While the apple service center is saying i need to replace the whole display itself which is very costly. What do you think is the problem?
In the image attached, the wallper is dark blue. The white portion in the center the the problem. Slowly the whole screen goes white. Please help. Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0b9969a7-a705-40f1-acb2-973369271dd3

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook Pro screen goes white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.