Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you have a different photo on lock screen to Home Screen iOS 16?

I liked the feature on previous iOS to have a different photo on my lock screen to my home page, but I can’t seem to make them different on iOS 16. What am I missing?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 10:32 AM

I can change the wallpaper but it applies the same image to both lock screen and home screen but I want different images on each like I used to have

7 replies

Sep 19, 2022 12:51 PM in response to DOakesy70

Also note that I first locked the phone, then unlocked and touched and held the Home Screen until I was able to select which Home Screen I wanted to customize. See the following from Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

You can create multiple custom Lock Screens and switch between them throughout the day. If a Lock Screen links to a specific Focus, switching from that Lock Screen to another also switches your Focus.

1. Touch and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears at the bottom of the screen.
  2. If the Customize button doesn’t appear, touch and hold the Lock Screen again, then enter your passcode.
  3. Swipe to the Lock Screen you want to use, then tap it.

After doing that I then went to Settings Wallpaper and tapped Customize under the Home Screen there.

How do you have a different photo on lock screen to Home Screen iOS 16?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.