Lock screen and Home screen

How can I set a static photo as lock screen and a live wallpaper from collections as Home screen. New iOS version does not allow this. They do allow static photo as home screen, but not what I want. Help please.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 11:51 AM

I don't believe I've ever seen a Live wallpaper for home screen, just for the Lock screen. See this support document from Apple about changes to your wallpaper. Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

You can make a suggestion to Apple using the feedback link, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

That is the only place they look for those types of things.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 11:51 AM in response to PatriciaVVDO

I don't believe I've ever seen a Live wallpaper for home screen, just for the Lock screen. See this support document from Apple about changes to your wallpaper. Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

You can make a suggestion to Apple using the feedback link, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

That is the only place they look for those types of things.

Jul 17, 2023 10:35 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks so much Chris! I had the Apple Collections light blue Live Wallpaper (the one with falling blurred circles) on my Home screen and a photo as lock screen before the last iOS update, but both were updated to a static light blue background after the iOS update. When I tried to reconfigure it as it was before, I found that Live wallpaper is no longer allowed for Home screen, only for lock screen... Guess we are creatures of habit, so I'd like to have it as before but for the moment I'll have to settle for the photo/static Home screen. Thanks again for the useful info and links!

Lock screen and Home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.