Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi not working after iOS 16 Update

I recently downloaded ios 15.7 to my iPhone 11 and now am unable to verify to join ANY Wifi network. The phone also does not allow me to go back and restore. I have tried all the resets and followed all instructions. Interestingly enough it is telling me that iOS 16 is available.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 3:40 AM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2022 12:51 PM in response to jon6222jc

Hi jon6222jc,

We'd like to help you find the best resolution path for issues with connecting to Wi-Fi. A restore should not be required in troubleshooting this type of problem, and starting with the steps in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support which will show the following steps:

1. Make sure that your router is on and you're within range

2.Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and you can see your network

3.If asked, enter your Wi-Fi password

4.Check for issues with your Wi-Fi network

5.Check your cables and connections

6.Restart

In addition to these steps will also show how to reset network settings and this should help provide a solution when all other steps do not work. If you continue to have issues, you can reach out to Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 5, 2022 12:46 PM in response to Henderson_86

Hello Mr Henderson, Thanks for the reply and help but none - zero of the solutions you presented above helped as I had tried all of them several times. In the end I disable the VPN on my Norton 360 which allowed me to connect to Wi-Fi then I update the IOS from 15.7 to 16 which immediately resolved all the issues and enabled me to reactivate my VPN's. So there must have been something in15.7 to mess with the VPN and Wi-Fi settings. Many thanks.

Wifi not working after iOS 16 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.