Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add SBCglobal email to apple products

I've seen in previous threads there have been similar errors with trying to add an email account to the Mail app on an iphone. I have the latest IOS (16.0) and am trying to set up my SBCGlobal email account through the Mail app. The message/prevent that keeps popping up states:

No password provided for "Sbcglobal" (which is the description being used for the email account i'm trying to set up). Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

My correct password for the SBCGlobal email was entered, but it's not being recognized as such.

A link with info to address this issue was provided in Feb 2022, and unfortunately I continue to receive "No password provided for sbcglobal. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password".

This relates to my iPhone, iPad-mini, and MacBook Air.

Help, please!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 4:43 AM

You may need a device password. Either way, contact your email provider to see if they have the correct settings for your to use.

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to add SBCglobal email to apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.