You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use Apple Account Balance for product purchase. Error: "Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method"

I am receiving this error when trying to purchase a product using my apple account balance "Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method".. My apple account account balance is from gift cards. How do I resolve this?

Back story: I recently attempted to use my credit card to make a purchase but received this message "Authorization failed". I was informed to contact my credit card company. I did and was told by the credit card company that they did not see an apple purchase to authorize. So returned to apple to ask option and finally decided to use a an electronic apple gift card.

I purchased enough apple gift card money to make my purchase. I attempted to buy a product then received this message again "Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method". I have checked all my information.

For the past 3 days I have spoken with Sales, Customer Service, Technical Support and visited the apple store. The most UNHELPFUL group has been Customer Service. I have really been surprised by the hang ups and the lack of case management. Apparently apple DOES NOT require representatives to keeps notes on call. I was told on day 1 that a internal Customer Service ticket was opened and to wait 24hrs. Follow-up and no ticket exists and no notes of my call. Over the course of the 3 days I have re-explained my issue to more than 9 representatives. Sales has attempted to make the purchase with my account (failed) or have transferred me to Customer Svs. or hung on me . Customer Svs says another ticket was open and I followed to confirm that the internal ticket was open. No one could find the notes or told me that internal ticket number that I was given didn't exist.

My last call to Customer Service, had me on the phone for over 1 and 1/2 hours, while the rep emailed other reps and waited for responses. I thought she was being helpful until she attempted to purchase the product for me. She entered the product I was to purchase and then asked for my Apple Id and password (really) so that she could complete the purchase from her end. She informed me that her side of the system was different and she would be able to complete my purchase. When I refused to give her my password she hung up on me. Apple should really investigate the number of reps that asked for customer username and password especially when apple has an automated system that can verify a users information. This is frustrating. So in saying all of this. I need help!!

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 8:19 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Unable to use Apple Account Balance for product purchase. Error: "Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.