Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV screen saver

Apple TV screen saver how many max photo can it handle? I see it is not completely random on random setting, I had 300+ photos selected and it appears to show some photos more often. Also is there an option to pick so it picks each photos one by one in order and keeps running?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:43 AM

Apple TV screen saver how many max photo can it handle?

Unfortunately, that is not mentioned in public documentation. Please let us now if you find out. It may be limited by size rather than number of photos.

I see it is not completely random on random setting, I had 300+ photos selected and it appears to show some photos more often.

In my experience, it will show all of the loaded set, before repeating (in the same order).

When the screen saver is started/invoked again, then the set will be in a different order.

Also is there an option to pick so it picks each photos one by one in order and keeps running?

The screen saver set will be randomized each time. The photos are not displayed in order, and there is currently no option to force that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 9:43 AM in response to NJ resident

Apple TV screen saver how many max photo can it handle?

Unfortunately, that is not mentioned in public documentation. Please let us now if you find out. It may be limited by size rather than number of photos.

I see it is not completely random on random setting, I had 300+ photos selected and it appears to show some photos more often.

In my experience, it will show all of the loaded set, before repeating (in the same order).

When the screen saver is started/invoked again, then the set will be in a different order.

Also is there an option to pick so it picks each photos one by one in order and keeps running?

The screen saver set will be randomized each time. The photos are not displayed in order, and there is currently no option to force that.

Apple TV screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.