Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

$3.00 TotalAV App

Does this $3.00 app “TotalAV” provide all the protection it claims for my IPhone mini 13? Is it safe to use? If I install it on my iPhone do I need to remove the free McAfee software provided by T-Mobile?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 10:59 AM

Thank you for your advise. This has been my first experience with the community. You have been beyond helpful. In the same vain, is using ad blocking apps helpful on my iPad Air 4. Currently using free “ad block plus” & 6 AdGuard’s. What about using “Fire Fox” or “DuckDuckGo? Sorry for so many questions. Does Safari provide same safeguards that they claim to offer? I have searched these questions online with conflicting information. New to this updated technology. Barely getting by before. Color me deep green.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 10:59 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you for your advise. This has been my first experience with the community. You have been beyond helpful. In the same vain, is using ad blocking apps helpful on my iPad Air 4. Currently using free “ad block plus” & 6 AdGuard’s. What about using “Fire Fox” or “DuckDuckGo? Sorry for so many questions. Does Safari provide same safeguards that they claim to offer? I have searched these questions online with conflicting information. New to this updated technology. Barely getting by before. Color me deep green.

Sep 20, 2022 6:50 AM in response to u-er2loxeY

Should I delete McAfee?

Ii is better to remove that.

Most antivirus apps for your iPhone aren't really designed to find viruses. They are often security programs that bundle multiple functions to justify the price asked. It is quite difficult for security software makers to make a really good antivirus app, because Apple has pretty much boarded up the system.

$3.00 TotalAV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.