Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working on new iphone13

I upgraded from iphone SE1 to iphone 13 mini. Everything swapped across and the new iphone works perfectly in everyway except airdrop. I have it set to Contacts Only for airdrop, as is my old SE and my wife's iphone. When my wife tries to airdrop a photo to me, my name (and photo) show up on her phone, but the drop only works to the old SE. If I turn off the SE completely, it still shows up, but "waiting" forever.

If I set my new iphone 13 airdrop to receive "everyone" it show up as iphone 13, but not my name. However, it does work. But it won't when set to "contacts only".

Since it works with "everyone" there seems little point in following some Google "fixes" like resetting network, and signout of icloud.

Any clues?

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 4:39 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 23, 2022 4:15 PM in response to Skcusime

Hi, Skcusime.

To help with AirDrop, ensure your iPhone is updated with the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Additionally, test after toggling AirDrop receiving off and back on, by tapping Settings > General > AirDrop, and test after restarting your iPhone to further troubleshoot:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Airdrop not working on new iphone13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.