Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail search not working on Monterey

My email search hasn't really worked for a year on Monterey. It's not the number of emails I have because I have fewer now than it did before it quit. If I disable all email accounts except iCloud with only 6 emails it sometimes works. If I enable any other account it stops working - "0 results found."

I have been on the phone for at least 6-8 hours with Apple Support to no avail. We have done everything they can think of and that I can find on the internet to correct the problem. Mail is synced with iCloud and search works on my iPhone and iPad. Just not on my desktop running the latest version of Monterey. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:16 AM

baddabing wrote:

My email search hasn't really worked for a year on Monterey. It's not the number of emails I have because I have fewer now than it did before it quit. If I disable all email accounts except iCloud with only 6 emails it sometimes works. If I enable any other account it stops working - "0 results found."

I have been on the phone for at least 6-8 hours with Apple Support to no avail. We have done everything they can think of and that I can find on the internet to correct the problem. Mail is synced with iCloud and search works on my iPhone and iPad. Just not on my desktop running the latest version of Monterey. Any suggestions are appreciated.

and this is after you rebuild Spotlight index...(?)

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 6:16 AM in response to baddabing

baddabing wrote:

and this is after you rebuild Spotlight index...(?)

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail search not working on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.