Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calculator opens on the same window

The calculator is a great tool but every time that I use it always it's opens in the same window and it's very anoying. I would like that the calculator opens on the same window that I'm on. How can I fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 7:56 AM

When you have multiple Spaces (a.k.a. Desktops), you can determine where an application will open.

Click and hold on the Calculator icon in the Dock, select Options and under "Assign To" select "None" or, if you are so inclined, select "All Desktops". The former will open Calculator in whatever Desktop you are currently in (assuming that Calculator is not already open in some other Space). The latter will show Calculator simultaneously in all open Desktops, when running.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 7:56 AM in response to relaxtrading

When you have multiple Spaces (a.k.a. Desktops), you can determine where an application will open.

Click and hold on the Calculator icon in the Dock, select Options and under "Assign To" select "None" or, if you are so inclined, select "All Desktops". The former will open Calculator in whatever Desktop you are currently in (assuming that Calculator is not already open in some other Space). The latter will show Calculator simultaneously in all open Desktops, when running.

calculator opens on the same window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.