Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an old account from a used iPhone 8 I just purchased?

hello appel support

i have buy an used iphone 8 that’s do not have any appel accounts on it

but I find out that he has Apple account on it so I can’t update my used iphone so what should I do ?

and how I can report this ?

and how I can delete the old account from it ?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:40 AM

This is a volunteer forum.

if you bought a used iPhone from a private seller you will need that seller to follow these directions before you can use it

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

if the seller is not available to do that you need to return the phone for a refund or contact law enforcement. Apple can not assist with private sales.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 11:40 AM in response to khayri1st

This is a volunteer forum.

if you bought a used iPhone from a private seller you will need that seller to follow these directions before you can use it

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

if the seller is not available to do that you need to return the phone for a refund or contact law enforcement. Apple can not assist with private sales.

How to delete an old account from a used iPhone 8 I just purchased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.