Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my recovery key and my password

I want to know my recovery key I forgot. And my old password

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 7:04 AM

If you turned on the 28 character recovery key option and forgot the recovery key, you will never be able to recover your account. When using a recovery key it is imperative you save the key somewhere you can retrieve it if or when needed. Without it, you cannot recover an AppleID account. And Apple can do nothing to help as enabling recovery key disables Apple’s alternative online account recovery option.

See -> How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 7:04 AM in response to renerenz

If you turned on the 28 character recovery key option and forgot the recovery key, you will never be able to recover your account. When using a recovery key it is imperative you save the key somewhere you can retrieve it if or when needed. Without it, you cannot recover an AppleID account. And Apple can do nothing to help as enabling recovery key disables Apple’s alternative online account recovery option.

See -> How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.”

I forgot my recovery key and my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.