Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding family member to HomeKit

I read the conversations from last March but am having the same problem. I set up the homekit and I am the Resident (owner). We both have separate icloud ID's and have Family Sharing set up. When I hit the + symbol to add her she pops up but she does not use and icloud email account. It goes to another server ( an old sbcglobal account)address. Could that be the problem? I see on my phone that the "invitation is pending" but it never appears on her phone.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 5:57 PM

I figured it out.

When you pick the person you want to add it shows their email address so you'd think the invitation would show up in their email box.

Wrong it shows up in their HomeKit.

The recipient opens their HomeKit settings and it is there.

Peter

5 replies

Oct 3, 2022 3:06 PM in response to PeterApple712

Hi, guys. Have same problem here.

Noticed this problem after the last update of iOS 16.0.2.

My Home app showed an information that Home app would need to be updated and older devices should stop working unless you updated them. And the only option was to confirm it.

One thought before continuing, Apple released this supposed update to Home app/Homekit without releasing the new MacOS?

So the Home app on on my Macbook Pro is not updated. This only means the Home App on our Macs will stop working. This is NOT the way. :)

So back to the problem, if i erase my home, create a new home and add all the bridges and acessories, works fine on my updated devices like iPhone and iPad, but if i add a person, on my case my wife, she doesn't recieve any kind of notification on the Home app nor in her e-mail. I thinq this is a issue that needs to be escalated on the Apple Support team.

Adding family member to HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.