Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with ios16

When I updated to ios 16 my phone went slow and has lot of touching problems.

How can I solve it? (It’s an iphone X)

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:49 PM

Three basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A) Check your battery status in Settings>Battery>Battery Health>Maximum capacity. If it is close to 82-80%, have it replaced.

B) Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

C) If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 11:49 PM in response to Pêras

Three basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A) Check your battery status in Settings>Battery>Battery Health>Maximum capacity. If it is close to 82-80%, have it replaced.

B) Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

C) If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Problems with ios16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.