Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Export Fail - MacBook Pro M1 Runs Out of Application Memory

Hello!

I have the same problem as many others here. When I export a more complicated project, I get the message "your system has run out of application memory".

I deleted chrome completely, then tried to move the master files from HDD to the Mac's SSD, then ran the project itself on the external hard drive and also on the Mac's SSD. I deleted all unnecessary applications and files, but still no improvement. I have at least 100 GB of storage on both the SSD and HDD.

However, if I put the raw files uncut on the timeline, it managed to export them. So clearly the more complicated project is causing the memory loss. I tried to export half and half of the project and succeeded, and then put the two partially exported files into a new project, and finally managed to hand the job over to the customer.

The project took 1.5 minutes in total.

As a last ditch effort I reinstalled the OS, but that didn't solve the problem either. I even tried to add a new user.

Is it possible that the new OS update is causing the problem?

I have attached the report.

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 3:16 AM

Now it has a Full Disk Access, I attached the new report.

I read in another discussion that there was a similar problem on a 2020 MacBook Pro M1 with 16 GB of memory.

By the way, it successfully exported the same project with a 2019 16 GB MacBook Pro.

However, a couple of months ago, before the system was updated 3-4 times, a longer, similar project was exported.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 3:16 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Now it has a Full Disk Access, I attached the new report.

I read in another discussion that there was a similar problem on a 2020 MacBook Pro M1 with 16 GB of memory.

By the way, it successfully exported the same project with a 2019 16 GB MacBook Pro.

However, a couple of months ago, before the system was updated 3-4 times, a longer, similar project was exported.

Sep 22, 2022 2:16 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the help, yes I have a spinning HDD, I will replace it with an SSD soon.

I made a test with the 10 bit HEVC A7SIII files:

If I put the raw footages on the timeline, it exports the 15 minutes video.

However, after cutting the same raw footages to about 1.5 minute, it can no longer export.

No plugin, lut, just editing the length of the footages.

I don't understand why shortening the length affects the final result.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro Export Fail - MacBook Pro M1 Runs Out of Application Memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.