Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my mailbox folders are not syncing from iMac to iPhone. iMac running Big Sur

How to get mailbox folders in iMac to sync with iPhone?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 8:24 AM

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Ppart1111

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

Sep 21, 2022 9:25 AM in response to tygb

Very helpful info. Thx. I wasn't quite able to make it work but think it is something I am doing wrong. So I will try again and follow closer. Maybe the issue is that all my folder names from iMac are already on my iPhone. It's just that some of those folders don't have the emails on the iPhone that are on the iMac. I believe it's just emails that I put in the folders from the iMac. In other words, when I put emails in a folder from my MacBook, they sync to the iPhone. But not from the 2017 iMac running Big Sur.

Some of my mailbox folders are not syncing from iMac to iPhone. iMac running Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.