Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call and FaceTime buttons greyed out when clicking on contact from iMessage

Recently when I click on a specific contact in iMessage the call, FaceTime and mail buttons are greyed out. Additionally their location doesn’t appear even though it does if I go to the find my app. The contact photo also regularly doesn’t show up even though it does in contacts (but sometimes it will).

I would love to know how to fix this issue. I have included a photo:

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 3:54 PM

Hi iBinbar,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. Since it sounds like this happens with a specific contact, try removing then adding the contact back from your Contacts app. Guidance below is from Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

"Delete a contact

When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Here's how to delete a contact:

1. Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm."

Does the same occur after that? Does anything similar happen on their end? That may isolate this a bit.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 3:54 PM in response to iBinbar

Hi iBinbar,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. Since it sounds like this happens with a specific contact, try removing then adding the contact back from your Contacts app. Guidance below is from Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

"Delete a contact

When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Here's how to delete a contact:

1. Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm."

Does the same occur after that? Does anything similar happen on their end? That may isolate this a bit.

Have a great day!

Call and FaceTime buttons greyed out when clicking on contact from iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.