Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove controls from lock screen?

My iPhone camera keeps turning itself on in my pocket. Following earlier advice, I've turned off Tap to Wake (Settings - Accessibility - Touch), which reduces it a lot but still does not eliminate it, and makes it less convenient to check the time. It is more important to me to use my phone as a watch than as a camera. I would like to remove the camera icon from the lock screen, so that it requires an additional simple step to turn on the camera. The camera-in-pocket thing burns up the battery rapidly. For that matter, I'd like to remove the flashlight from the lock screen as well, as it turns itself on (in response to minor unintentional bumps, etc.) as well, and burns battery even faster. Typically, I know it has down this because it heats up my pocket.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:39 AM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2022 5:57 PM in response to jkr98116

Hello jkr98116,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, the iPhone camera keeps turning itself on in your pocket and you would like to know how to remove the camera and flashlight from the Lock Screen . We're here to help!

Follow the steps in below for help with removing the icons you no longer wish to have on the Home Screen.

Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen

You can easily access a few commonly used features (such as widgets, media playback controls, and Control Center) from the Lock Screen. You can control access to these items when iPhone is locked. (For security, USB connections aren’t allowed when iPhone is locked.)
If you turn off Lock Screen access to a feature, you prevent someone who has your iPhone from viewing any personal information that it might contain (such as an upcoming event in the Calendar widget). However, you also lose quick access to the information yourself.
Go to Settings  > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with a Home button), then select your options below Allow Access When Locked.
The Face ID and Passcode screen, with settings for allowing access to specific features when iPhone is locked.
You can turn access on or off to the following features while iPhone is locked:

Widgets (see Add widgets on iPhone)
Notification Center (see Change notification settings on iPhone)
Control Center (see Use and customize Control Center on iPhone)
Siri (see Use Siri on iPhone)
Replying to messages (see Send and receive messages on iPhone)
Home Control (see Intro to Home on iPhone)
Wallet (see Add and use passes in Wallet on iPhone)
Returning missed calls (see Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone)
Connecting to a Mac, a Windows PC, or an accessory with USB (such as when you connect iPhone to your computer using USB)
Important: If you change the default setting and allow USB connections when iPhone is locked, you disable an important security feature of your iPhone.
You can also supply medical information and emergency contacts in a Medical ID that first responders and others can view on your iPhone when it’s locked. See Set up and view your Medical ID.

Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Oct 3, 2022 3:03 PM in response to dawngreg08

Following your instructions merely reinforced my frustration. The things you list, and the things evident in that screen on my phone, do not include the flashlight and camera.

Fortunately, I found a setting (can't recall where) that allowed me to change the reaction time for a screen press to 2 seconds from 1, and now the problem has become rare. I've turned Tap to Wake back on. It is a nice feature, it just wasn't tuned right for me.

Remove controls from lock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.