Time dim on iPhone Lock Screen

The Clock and date on the lock screen are very faded despite me setting the colour to pure white. In the preview it looks fine. but as soon as I select it it fades. any suggestions?

yes Iv’e reset, changed fonts and switched dark mode off.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:43 AM

I’ve got the same problem. It occurred after a mistake emergency phone call was placed on my phone. Apparently I was trying to make a call while my phone was in my pocket. After I ended the call I ended up turning off my phone for a few

minutes then after turning back on I noticed I couldn’t see my clock and date and it keeps getting more dim by the minute. Now I can barely tell the time

53 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:43 AM in response to lukasdp

I’ve got the same problem. It occurred after a mistake emergency phone call was placed on my phone. Apparently I was trying to make a call while my phone was in my pocket. After I ended the call I ended up turning off my phone for a few

minutes then after turning back on I noticed I couldn’t see my clock and date and it keeps getting more dim by the minute. Now I can barely tell the time

Apr 13, 2023 1:21 PM in response to Abraham1987

Thank you! Worked like a charm. Bizarrely, this problem started for me yesterday when I picked my phone up from the nightstand and it said I was locked out, "try again in 3 hours". I had not tried to enter my passcode 1 time, much less the many incorrect tries it takes to lock it for that long. When I finally did wait out the 3 hours, the passcode worked as usual but the clock widget was dimmed. I had turned the phone off and then on to see if would clear the 3-hour-long "locked out" glitch (it didn't), so I didn't think to do it one more time to clear the "dimmed clock widget" glitch. Anyway, thanks again.

Nov 11, 2022 3:50 AM in response to lukasdp

Actually I kinda liked the dim clock as it was more transparent and fit my background nicely. Too bad it disappeared in its own and I am now stuck with a bright lock that is gaudy to watch. Is there a way to switch back to dim mode? Also Apple developers really need to allow us to move the clock to a different location and with smaller size, or remove the clock altogether.

Jan 17, 2024 5:12 AM in response to lukasdp

I had this problem after my dad put the wrong password numerous times , i asked ChatGPT to help me fix it and i came up to this :If you're experiencing issues with the clock fading while attempting to edit it, it may be related to the overall system or display settings. Try restarting your device, adjusting brightness settings, or resetting display settings to default. If the problem persists, you might consider contacting Apple Support for assistance with the technical issue.

Thank you all for the support <3

Time dim on iPhone Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.