Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air keyboard not so responsive

I don't know what it is with the 2020 M1 Macbook Air keyboard but mine has a really gritty feel to it now after just over a year. It feels like there's sand behind all the keys. I keep it in a case when not in use. It's really annoying just how much its sensitivity has decreased. I'm sure there will be minuscule pieces of debris behind the keys but I've not known this issue with any other Apple keyboards, at lease not to this extent. Is this a common issue associated with this Mac?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 4:18 PM

Not that I am aware of.

Even though it describes a different model Mac, try cleaning the keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those Macs. That concern does not apply to your Mac, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac or keyboard for that matter.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Get Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 4:18 PM in response to wizzbangster

Not that I am aware of.

Even though it describes a different model Mac, try cleaning the keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those Macs. That concern does not apply to your Mac, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac or keyboard for that matter.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Get Support

Macbook Air keyboard not so responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.