Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Homepod mini simply won't run shortcuts after software update 15.7(iPhone/iPad) 16.0(Homepod mini)

I just updated all my iOs devices (iphone, ipad, homepod mini) when I try to run any shortcut(stored on my iPad) from my homepod mini simply said "Oh Oh... There's a problem, please try again" or "Sorry something's wrong, please try again" or "Sorry something gone wrong..." or "I have a bit of trouble here...",

Just to mention that I'm asking because this functionality worked fine before the update and all devices are under same apple id, same Wifi, Personal Requests are On, Find My... is On on iPhone/iPad... And my iPad is set as additional home hub... IDK what else I need to set... Very disappointing situation.

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 3:14 AM

I'm running 16 on an Phone and my HomePods. I see what you're getting at. Perhaps shortcuts maintained under iOS/iPadOS 15.x aren't compatible with HomePod on 16.x. Hopefully it resolves when iPadOS 16 drops.

tt2

Similar questions

17 replies

Sep 25, 2022 8:20 PM in response to cybor13

5.7(iPad Pro) with 16.0(Homepod mini) same here try Reboot/power cycle router and HomePod, I also try to create new Apple ID and set up everything again, still not working, when I try to run any shortcut from my homepod mini simply said "Oh Oh... There's a problem, please try again. Everything was worked fine till I updated to the newest version, does anyone know how to fix it ?

Sep 26, 2022 2:50 AM in response to xenosk7

xenosk7 wrote:

5.7(iPad Pro) with 16.0(Homepod mini) same here try Reboot/power cycle router and HomePod, I also try to create new Apple ID and set up everything again, still not working, when I try to run any shortcut from my homepod mini simply said "Oh Oh... There's a problem, please try again. Everything was worked fine till I updated to the newest version, does anyone know how to fix it ?

A new Apple ID is only going to complicate matters. Any existing purchases and settings are tied to your old one.

tt2

Sep 26, 2022 7:17 AM in response to turingtest2

I’m assuming Apple just blocked this feature on homepod mini… the disappointing part is they did that without any warning or documentation… lets iPadOs to update to version 16 this October and then see… meanwhile I just turned off “Listen for Hey Siri” on homepod. As I said I’m very dissapointed with this situation.

Sep 26, 2022 10:01 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't think a new Apple will be complicate matters , originally I have created a new Apple ID only for iPad Pro and HomePod mini which allows me to use HomePod mini Siri to run the shortcut from iPad Pro, both of them are share the same wifi with same Apple ID that all. I have not purchased or do anything with this account, run the shortcut to control my home device is the only purpose to this Apple ID account and everything was working fine until this update 5.7(iPad Pro) with 16.0(Homepod mini) . so I just delete my home pod mini from my old Apple ID account , and I setup everything again like last time, still no lucky, I believe Apple just blocked this feature on homepod mini 16 version.

Sep 27, 2022 9:44 AM in response to turingtest2

SOLVED: @tt2 is right… I just setup my Homepod mini v.16.x with my iPhone iOs v.16.x with “Personal Requests”: On… and now it works with shortcuts through my homepod…

MY CONCLUSION: Siri doesn’t access the shortcuts across the devices under same account… it strictly run shortcuts under the device used for setup and under same software version.

My Homepod mini simply won't run shortcuts after software update 15.7(iPhone/iPad) 16.0(Homepod mini)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.