Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore deleted messages In iPhone 13

Tell me the way to restore deleted messages. I have lost some sensitive information. I read on Google to restore through tapping edit in messages. But there is so no edit option in my messages in iPhone 13. Tell me the way.

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:44 AM

I have read your response. Based on your response above, you are not going to be able to retrieve your previously deleted Messages. This is largely because your iPhone is not backed up on a computer or on iCloud. So, once you deleted those messages, then they were deleted permanently.

Axel F.

3 replies

Sep 21, 2022 11:59 PM in response to fahim6261

You must have iOS version 16 installed on your iPhone. You also must have deleted those messages with iOS 16 installed. If you deleted the messages with a lesser version of iOS then you will not be able to recover those messages.

If you have iOS 16 then you can open the Messages app and tap on Filters (Top Left). You will then see the Recently Deleted folder.

Axel F.

Sep 22, 2022 12:09 AM in response to Axel Foley

I read 4 options , one with IOS 16. I m unlucky that I have not installed it before deleting the msgs. Do this option hone.

second option restore via iCloud back. I m unfortunate again since I m not using wifi and living on mobile data only. So current back setting are to take back up when wifi only which I did not noticed earlier . So my I phone is not backed ip. This option hone.

third is his computer. I have HP computer and Mac soni can access iTunes via computer. This option also gone.

anything else could be done ?

How to restore deleted messages In iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.