Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access Google maps with my Macbook Pro. I just get a horizontal line. Why?

I can't access Google maps with my Macbook Pro. I just get a horizontal line. Why?

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 1:14 PM

70NewLane wrote:

You can always try later if google maps server is having an issue—this is beyond your control

You can try a different browser and compare your results

For Safari verify your preferences—If features on a webpage don't work in Safari on Mac

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 1:14 PM in response to 70NewLane

70NewLane wrote:

You can always try later if google maps server is having an issue—this is beyond your control

You can try a different browser and compare your results

For Safari verify your preferences—If features on a webpage don't work in Safari on Mac

Oct 3, 2022 3:23 PM in response to 70NewLane

70NewLane wrote:

I wonder if it is possible that Apple cut off access to Google Maps so as to force users of MacBook Pro to use Apple Maps.If they are doing that, they could have warned MacBook Pro users.

I can access Google Maps on my iPhone and my android tablet.

Curious

You never say what macOS this is...(?)

see if this is you—

Monterey 12.6 Safari 16 google maps not working:

ref: https://www.droidwin.com/google-maps-not-working-in-safari-16-macos-12-6-fixed/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.