You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Astronomy Wallpaper Issue on IOS 16

Hello Everyone!

I am using iPhone X and am currently updated to IOS 16.0.2 I have an issue with the Astronomy earth wallpaper it is not showing the location green dot on my wallpaper I already give permission to my location still it is not showing the green dot on my wallpaper. Is there any way to fix this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 8:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:10 AM

Hey there Fayzzz,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. First, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Astronomy and set this to "While Using the App". Next, go to Settings > General > Date & Time, set this to "Automatically". And, go to Settings > General > Language & Region, and confirm that your region is selected. You can get more info on this here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Fayzzz

Hey there Fayzzz,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. First, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Astronomy and set this to "While Using the App". Next, go to Settings > General > Date & Time, set this to "Automatically". And, go to Settings > General > Language & Region, and confirm that your region is selected. You can get more info on this here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Sep 27, 2022 2:55 PM in response to Fayzzz

Good afternoon Fayzzz,

iOS 16 is compatible with iPhone X, so that is not causing the issue. See iOS 16 is compatible with these devices

The issue might be with the region/location you have set for the App Store. Media purchases should be downloaded to your Music library on the computer and a backup made before switching regions.

It might be helpful for you to speak with an AppleCare technical advisor about this. Click the link below, choose the phone number for your region from the list, and call when it is convenient.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care.

Astronomy Wallpaper Issue on IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.