Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frequent random shutdowns

My MBP 2020 Intel based is randomly shutting down. The shut down happens after few minutes of usage. It even happens in safe mode.

The report shows Kernel Panic

I have already done the following:

a. Full reboot

b. Disk utility found no errors

c. Diagnostics reported no issues

d. SMC Reset

e. PRAM Reset

The mac shuts down even in recovery mode.

Any idea what could be the issue ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 2:27 AM

Usually this type of issue is associated to Hardware Failures and n this case suggest taking the machine to an Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Centre of Evaluation.

Only they have the Special Hardware, Software and Expertise to determine where this issue is.

As for Costs --- > Only They can answer that question once they have determined what is not right with the computer

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2022 2:27 AM in response to riyo8

Usually this type of issue is associated to Hardware Failures and n this case suggest taking the machine to an Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Centre of Evaluation.

Only they have the Special Hardware, Software and Expertise to determine where this issue is.

As for Costs --- > Only They can answer that question once they have determined what is not right with the computer

Sep 28, 2022 9:19 AM in response to PRP_53

I am not sure my mac was even diagnosed. They stated they need to change the motherboard. But based on internet search only the touchbar is defective as all diagnostics were correct. Unfortunately, due to a goof up by the service center I was forced to skip the mac warranty as the interior machine has different serial number than internal machine. What are my options ? I tried formatting the disk, but now i am unable to install mac due to a T2 security chip isuse. How do I disable the security to install os again ?

Frequent random shutdowns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.