Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPad doesn't show on Find my Device

I had a super old ipad mini and was just contacted by someone who found it and its still signed in to my apple ID. I did the "remove from my account" but didn't erase it first. It doesn't show up on my Icloud but it shows on the old iPad that it is still connected to my apple ID. I don't care if he keeps it but I do want to erase it and for him to log in with his apple ID it needs to be off mine. How do I erase it or at least get it off my apple ID?

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 4:01 AM

If you have already removed the iPad from your AppleID account, you will have also removed ability to remotely remove the associated Activation Lock from the device.

You can still resolve the problem yourself, but you’ll first need to re-associate the iPad with your account - by setting-up the iPad with your own AppleID. After you have performed the setup, you can remove the Activation Lock by disabling Find My services - before properly erasing the iPad. Clearly, you must either have the iPad in your possession (if viable) - or entrust your AppleID credentials and account to a complete stranger (not recommended!).

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 4:01 AM in response to eliz.field

If you have already removed the iPad from your AppleID account, you will have also removed ability to remotely remove the associated Activation Lock from the device.

You can still resolve the problem yourself, but you’ll first need to re-associate the iPad with your account - by setting-up the iPad with your own AppleID. After you have performed the setup, you can remove the Activation Lock by disabling Find My services - before properly erasing the iPad. Clearly, you must either have the iPad in your possession (if viable) - or entrust your AppleID credentials and account to a complete stranger (not recommended!).

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Old iPad doesn't show on Find my Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.