Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working With Apps

I just got the AirPods Pro 2, which I was excited about, until the feature I NEEDED them for was not working. I was trying to use them as a wireless microphone on TikTok Live (instead of these cheap wannabe AirPods I bought off Amazon, which work fairly decent for the Live), but when I went Live, it utilized the phone's microphone instead of the AirPods' microphone. I thought, maybe this is something TikTok needs to fix (with an update), so I tried recording a video on the camera app to test if it was just TikTok... nope! It still will not use the AirPods Pro 2 mic to record video. I tried these tests with both an iPhone AND Android, and the mic will still not work. The microphone DOES work for using "Hey Siri" with them though, so I know the microphone is working, just not with any apps. I went through all the Bluetooth and AirPods settings, but nothing has fixed the issue. Please help!🥺

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 1:08 PM

I have the same exact issue. I’ve had this issue with AirPods first gen, airpod pros and now my airpod pro 2. No matter what I try everything still defaults to my phones microphone. The airpods mic settings for automatic, left and right do not fix this issue. The call audio routing to Bluetooth does not work as well. My IOS is up to date, I’ve had this problem for years and nothing is fixing it. My AirPods mic only works when I say hey Siri but does not work on other apps using the microphone, phone calls, FaceTime or voice memos.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 1:08 PM in response to CoryWithaY

I have the same exact issue. I’ve had this issue with AirPods first gen, airpod pros and now my airpod pro 2. No matter what I try everything still defaults to my phones microphone. The airpods mic settings for automatic, left and right do not fix this issue. The call audio routing to Bluetooth does not work as well. My IOS is up to date, I’ve had this problem for years and nothing is fixing it. My AirPods mic only works when I say hey Siri but does not work on other apps using the microphone, phone calls, FaceTime or voice memos.

AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working With Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.