Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k Movies on Apple TV

Hi Folks

I've had Apple 4K TV for a while, its connected to a standard HD TV via a 4K certified HDMI.

I appreciate I cannot view 4K movies on a HD TV but the movie always showed as being in 4K (if 4k) on the info bar when you swiped down during playback. On Monday 19/9 I noticed 2 movies previously purchased had been upgraded to 4K so I checked both, and the 4K logo was showing on both during playback.

On Tuesday 20/9 I decided to watch one of them and noted the 4K logo was no longer on display just HD and when I checked all the other movies that were purchased as 4k they were now showing as HD in the info bar.

I was just wondering if the 4K logo had been a glitch and through an software update its been rectified or does this mean my Apple TV device is no longer detecting 4K

Picture quality remains the same

Cheers

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 9:36 AM

As this is a user to user community, no one here can tell you why a particular feature got tweaked. Some unintentional properties can be fixed server-side, and some other properties have to be fixed in the app. Such details are rarely disclosed, as updates often bundle several small fixes with a generic description of “This update includes general performance and stability improvements,” and only big changes are detailed.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 9:36 AM in response to siskouk27

As this is a user to user community, no one here can tell you why a particular feature got tweaked. Some unintentional properties can be fixed server-side, and some other properties have to be fixed in the app. Such details are rarely disclosed, as updates often bundle several small fixes with a generic description of “This update includes general performance and stability improvements,” and only big changes are detailed.

Sep 24, 2022 8:55 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi Urquhart1244

Thank you for kind reply, it's reassuring to note my Apple TV device is working correctly

The only query I have is that the Info banner did up until recently show 4K if the movie was in 4K format, that is how I noted if my previous HD purchases had been upgraded to 4K, its not an issue, I'm just curious as to why it no longer shows 4K ?

Thanks again

4k Movies on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.