Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managed Networks

Hello all, I am having an issue where my iPhone 14 pro max can not forget a network. Also it comes under ‘Managed Networks’ and not ‘Known Networks’ therefore there is no option to delete it. My carrier is Shaw and my iPhone keeps toggling over to ‘ShawMobileHorspot’, even choosing it ahead of my own home network when I arrive home. Even outside where there are Shaw hotspots, my iPhone connects to it which is a security issue. I literally have to keep checking that my phone is using mobile Internet outside and not logged into one of Shaw’s hotspots. I can’t get rid of it, and when I called Shaw, they said it’s related to the device and I need to contact Apple.

Even when I disable auto join, it still connects

is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 7:12 PM

@AddisonPanda yes it’s resolved. I spoke to Apple support today and they helped me. First I had to reset Network settings, then at bottom of Wifi settings page, I had to make sure that ‘Ask to join networks’ is set at ‘Ask’, and ‘Auto-Join Hotspot’ is set at ‘Ask to join’

The hotspot still shows up in my networks, but now it never joins

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 7:12 PM in response to AddisonPanda

@AddisonPanda yes it’s resolved. I spoke to Apple support today and they helped me. First I had to reset Network settings, then at bottom of Wifi settings page, I had to make sure that ‘Ask to join networks’ is set at ‘Ask’, and ‘Auto-Join Hotspot’ is set at ‘Ask to join’

The hotspot still shows up in my networks, but now it never joins

Managed Networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.