Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max IOS 16.0.2 Not Found in Mac OS Monterey Apple Music App

I am trying to load music from my Apple Music library to my iPhone. When connected to my MacBook Air, my iPhone appears in the left sidebar of the Apple Music OS app, but after trying to load for several minutes "Device Cannot Be Found" appears in the main Apple Music window. Mac OS and iphone IOS are up to date, CD's, DVDs and IOS Devices is checked in the Finder sidebar. Any idea what may be going on and what to do to correct it? Thanks very much.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 1:22 PM

That would suggest it is the 9th iPhone that you've connected to your Apple ID, and you've never discovered how to Change the name of your iPhone - Apple Support.

Check for updates to Monterey, you should be on 12.6. Reboot both devices and try again.

tt2

6 replies

Sep 24, 2022 1:53 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks. I have changed the name of my phone, and rebooted both devices. Mac OS is Monterey 12.6. Now when I connect the iPhone to the MacBook Air and start the Apple Music app, the iPhone shows up in the Apple Music sidebar but when I click on it, the main window shows the phone but Sync Settings is greyed out and "Loading" appears in the main window but nothing ever loads..

iPhone 13 Pro Max IOS 16.0.2 Not Found in Mac OS Monterey Apple Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.