You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm Clock not Playing Selected Song

I have even upgraded to the 14 Pro Max - song is download to the iPhone. Removed then re-downloaded the songs - nothing plays. I only noticed as I wanted to change the song for the season. Has this been an update issue? Or if I am missing something, please help!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 3:39 PM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2022 3:33 PM in response to itzmissze

Greetings itzmissze, 

Making sure the song is downloaded to your iPhone is a great step, please be sure the song you want to use is still downloaded. 

Also, test to see if the alarm sounds using a default sound, just to be sure the alarm itself isn’t the issue. 

A couple other things we can do - 

1. Delete the alarm in question 
  2. Sign out of Settings > your name > Media & Purchases (NOT out of iCloud). This will remove any downloaded music from an Apple Music subscription, though you can redownload it. 
  3. Restart your iPhone
  4. Sign back into Settings > your name > Media & Services
  5. Download the song
  6. Set up a new alarm with that song and test

Thanks. 

Alarm Clock not Playing Selected Song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.