Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Issue with Alarm clock playing default sound

My iPhone 13, alarm clock is still playing default sound instead of my song. I have updated to the most recent software. And yes my song is downloaded to the phone. Not sure what to try next? Please advise.

Posted on May 30, 2023 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 1:25 AM

Hi Lisa9,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Issue with Alarm clock playing default sound"

Seems, when setting the alarm sound in the clock app, after you select the song you want, it is necessary to click "Save".

Set an alarm on iPhone – Apple Support

Else, if it is the "wake-up alarm in your sleep schedule" ... seems you would need to choose a ringtone. (ie: a song is too long to be used ... ring-tones are much shorter.)

Change the next wake up alarm on iPhone – Apple Support

If you wish:

You may be able to make a ringtone from the song you want (eg: in Garageband)

Share songs with GarageBand for iPhone – Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 1:25 AM in response to Lisa9

Hi Lisa9,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Issue with Alarm clock playing default sound"

Seems, when setting the alarm sound in the clock app, after you select the song you want, it is necessary to click "Save".

Set an alarm on iPhone – Apple Support

Else, if it is the "wake-up alarm in your sleep schedule" ... seems you would need to choose a ringtone. (ie: a song is too long to be used ... ring-tones are much shorter.)

Change the next wake up alarm on iPhone – Apple Support

If you wish:

You may be able to make a ringtone from the song you want (eg: in Garageband)

Share songs with GarageBand for iPhone – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Issue with Alarm clock playing default sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.