Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Song selected for alarm isn’t playing

Ok. I’ve tried what Apple said, yes my song is downloaded. Yes my library is synced. I tried turning off lossless in audio quality. Tried hard rebooting my phone. After everything it still plays that stupid default alarm noise!!!! It only started doing it about four days ago too. HELP!!!!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 31, 2023 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 11:20 PM

This user has found an answer --> Alarm not playing the song I selected - Apple Community

3 replies

Apr 30, 2024 11:28 AM in response to AbbyJStrong

I encountered the same issue recently when I upgraded from my 13 to a 15 pro max. I found an option in the Alarm - Sound menu ( Song Selection window). Under the subheading Store it lists Tone Store in orange and Download All Tones. After clicking on Download All Tones, that option disappeared and only Tone Store remained. This link triggered my device to sync my iCloud library with my device library. Now, when I click on the song I want for the alarm, it once more plays a preview of the selected song, so I am confident that it will now play when the alarm activates.

Song selected for alarm isn’t playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.