Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving my old iphone phone to spouse

I want to pass my old Apple 6 phone over to my husband.

hes got his new SIM card from provider but I just can’t get my connection off of the system in spite of returning phone to factory reset

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 10:06 AM

If you want to do it correctly you should read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then you have to remove the iPhone from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your husband can sign in with his own Apple ID.

hes got his new SIM card from provider

And he need to sign in to his Apple ID account page and edit / update his Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

-> edit his trusted phone number.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 10:06 AM in response to Jjuney

If you want to do it correctly you should read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then you have to remove the iPhone from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your husband can sign in with his own Apple ID.

hes got his new SIM card from provider

And he need to sign in to his Apple ID account page and edit / update his Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

-> edit his trusted phone number.

Sep 26, 2022 7:26 AM in response to Kurtosis12

Hi yes we are both using sky . Sims hubby got different phone number

do you have to have the phone unlocked by Apple as I’ve tried for hours with no joy.

I can get Sky Sim open then it seems although I took phone back to factory setting & cleared it seems Apple doesn’t seem to respond like a new subscriber has it

Giving my old iphone phone to spouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.