Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is it searching with yahoo instead of google ??

when I open safari and search something it automatically searches with yahoo, I tried everything to get rid of it, changing it to google in my safari preferences does absolutely nothing. If I change it to duckduckgo or ecosia it works and searches with them but if I change it to google it searches with yahoo. Its annoying and I want to get rid of it. I searched a lot of solutions up but they all want me to download random apps for 10$ so idk what to do. please help

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 7:30 AM

Hello ash444,

try these steps!

Safari browser is default set to Google search, but a malware or script injection could possibly trick and redirect to Bing or Yahoo search engine. Removing the malware from the Safari browser is the only option to stop the redirect of the search engine. Clear browser data, remove suspicious app and profile, uninstall unknown extensions are possible solutions.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 7:30 AM in response to ash444

Hello ash444,

try these steps!

Safari browser is default set to Google search, but a malware or script injection could possibly trick and redirect to Bing or Yahoo search engine. Removing the malware from the Safari browser is the only option to stop the redirect of the search engine. Clear browser data, remove suspicious app and profile, uninstall unknown extensions are possible solutions.

Best regards!

why is it searching with yahoo instead of google ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.