Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it keep saying I need a software update when I connect my iPhone 11 to my MacBook Pro?

Why does it keep saying I need a software update when I connect my iPhone 11 to my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:41 AM

My MAC is a 2020. I have hit that button many times and I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a fix. It downloads then starts to update but then says it is unable to update. This is a new problem. I don't usually charge using my Mac so I don't know exactly when it started, but my guess is within the last 3-4 months.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My MAC is a 2020. I have hit that button many times and I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a fix. It downloads then starts to update but then says it is unable to update. This is a new problem. I don't usually charge using my Mac so I don't know exactly when it started, but my guess is within the last 3-4 months.

Oct 10, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Exactly the same problem, and Safe Mode doesn't change anything : when I plug my iPhone by USB to my iMac, I have the same boring window… It's obviously a bug. My marvelous iMac 27' late 2013 works well after nearly a decade (with a SSD in place of the fusion drive), but I can't hope an OS update : I stay at Catalina for eternity ! And so this bug :) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.