Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listing my book on IBooks

Am I able to sell my book under my author pen name. I don't want any other name visible publicly. When you fill out the application for putting up the book, can I show only my pen name?

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 1:53 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 26, 2022 1:41 PM in response to LunaLibrary

LunaLibrary wrote:

I went into the system to upload the book (It is already on Amazon) and it said that my "legal" name would be visible in "itunesconnect" which in my mind means PUBLIC. This is not acceptable to me.

I don't know if there is a way around that or not. Here is Apple's info

https://itunespartner.apple.com/books/articles/agreements-tax-and-banking-2702#24196388

I want customers who do not support Amazon books and who have an iPad to be able to purchase my book and read it on their tablet.

Everyone with an iPad or an iPhone or a Mac can read any Amazon book by using the Kindle app.

Sep 26, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I appreciate you put a link to the page --- However, yesterday I went into the system to upload the book (It is already on Amazon) and it said that my "legal" name would be visible in "itunesconnect" which in my mind means PUBLIC. This is not acceptable to me. I want customers who do not support Amazon books and who have an iPad to be able to purchase my book and read it on their tablet. But only to know me by my author name. The royalties I receive on Amazon go directly to my bank account. Only my author name shows on my author and book pages. Can I do the same on iBooks?

Sep 26, 2022 2:17 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Well, Thank you very much for that link! It looks like I cannot sell my books on Apple. My previous book is available on IBooks through a publisher who collects the royalties and passes them on to me. I was going to distribute the new book myself and upload it to IBooks, until I hit that glitch. I guess you are correct, Apple users can download the Kindle. Amazon doesn't have any barriers to entry!!

Listing my book on IBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.