Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultra watch wayfinder face keeps swithcing to compass bezel

Ultra watch wayfinder face keeps swithcing to compass bezel. Can not turn off teh compass bezel on phone app, nor watch . Choose "NONE" on both app and watch and it remains, and inner bezl choice goes away in lieu of compass. Worried this will chew up battery life. I have rebooted the watch and connected iPhone-12 several times.

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 7:47 PM

I’m honestly surprised Apple Support didn’t give the correct answer. I just had this problem myself and ended up finding the answer on an online version here: Apple Watch Ultra faces and their features - Apple Support.

Basically, if you tap the seconds area, it turns into a compass where a very slight haptic indicates North. Tap the compass and it should turn back into seconds, and the digital compass back to whatever complication you have there.

Hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 7:47 PM in response to severonin

I’m honestly surprised Apple Support didn’t give the correct answer. I just had this problem myself and ended up finding the answer on an online version here: Apple Watch Ultra faces and their features - Apple Support.

Basically, if you tap the seconds area, it turns into a compass where a very slight haptic indicates North. Tap the compass and it should turn back into seconds, and the digital compass back to whatever complication you have there.

Hope this helps.

Sep 28, 2022 9:52 AM in response to severonin

Hi severonin,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your Wayfinder Watch face on your new Apple Watch Ultra. We'd like to help.

Since you've tried a lot of troubleshooting steps so far, and the issue persists, it may be best to contact Apple Support for additional help. This way you'll be able to document this issue with Apple and find the best way to get this resolved.

Hope this helps.

Take care!

Ultra watch wayfinder face keeps swithcing to compass bezel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.