Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently have two email adresses that use my company's domain name. They have been with free Gmail for years, but now Google wants to cahrnge a monthly fee. Can I move those two email addresses to iCloud Mail and leave Google?

I currently have two email addresses that use my company's domain name. They have been with free Gmail for years, but now Google wants to charge a monthly fee. Can I move those two email addresses to iCloud Mail and leave Google?

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 7:58 AM

Moving those two domains to iCloud+ is possible and fairly easy - If you follow the steps in the configuration on icloud.com in "Custom Domains" you'll start receiving emails into your iCloud for those domains / email addresses.

However more effort will be needed in getting all your data off Google - Your historic emails will need to be exported (and imported into iCloud if you want them) as well as your files in Google Drive. Other things like Youtube channels etc. may all well still be linked to those Google accounts even after the domains are switched over. They will exist (though no longer linked to the domain) until you delete / remove them, else Google will start charging you accordingly.

I moved my family (5 accounts, 3 domains) from Google to iCloud back in April - It took about two weeks of work to ensure all the historic data was transferred across before I delete the google accounts and avoid billing.

https://takeout.google.com is a valuable tool to help with the exporting.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 7:58 AM in response to ssdguy

Moving those two domains to iCloud+ is possible and fairly easy - If you follow the steps in the configuration on icloud.com in "Custom Domains" you'll start receiving emails into your iCloud for those domains / email addresses.

However more effort will be needed in getting all your data off Google - Your historic emails will need to be exported (and imported into iCloud if you want them) as well as your files in Google Drive. Other things like Youtube channels etc. may all well still be linked to those Google accounts even after the domains are switched over. They will exist (though no longer linked to the domain) until you delete / remove them, else Google will start charging you accordingly.

I moved my family (5 accounts, 3 domains) from Google to iCloud back in April - It took about two weeks of work to ensure all the historic data was transferred across before I delete the google accounts and avoid billing.

https://takeout.google.com is a valuable tool to help with the exporting.

Sep 27, 2022 9:31 AM in response to rverrips

Thanks for the detailed response!

I actually tried to pay Google their ransom fee, but my card didn't get approved since they apparently need even more info, which included a copy of my drivers license. Hmm … been using them for years without them needing this. It just feels a tad over-the-top Owellian, so I then discovered iCloud will allow custom domain emails.

If I may ask, what was your process for moving archived email from Google to iCloud?

I currently have two email adresses that use my company's domain name. They have been with free Gmail for years, but now Google wants to cahrnge a monthly fee. Can I move those two email addresses to iCloud Mail and leave Google?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.