You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim not working properly in iPhone 8 Plus

I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus from Dubai. Everything is fine, except that my Jio sim is not working up to the mark in my phone; in fact no other service provider works well. The issue I face is that whenever I call someone, during the call my voice drops down and is not audible to the other person. And I have to make sure and confirm from them a lot of times if they are able to hear me. This causes breaks in the flow of communication and is very frustrating. Also, the signal strength is poor most of the times, and mobile data doesn’t work effectively.

At first I thought it to be a mic issue, but it seems that the mic is working fine, since I am able to talk without any hindrance through an internet call (like a WhatsApp call). I want to understand why this problem is occurring and if my phone could possibly be defective.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:19 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 28, 2022 10:01 AM in response to shashwat273

Greetings shashwat273,

To help troubleshoot the cellular service issues being experienced with your iPhone, a great first step to see if it's isolated to a specific location. Perhaps you're in a poor cellular coverage area which could be the reason for the poor signal strength and slow mobile data. Speaking with your carrier can also help check for outages in your area and ensure your account is provisioned correctly.

To further troubleshoot cellular data issues, test after following each step in the following article : If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Turn your cellular line off and back on
Go to Settings > Cellular and check to see if your cellular line is turned on. If your cellular line is off, turn it back on. Then check to see if you have service.
If you don't see your cellular line in Settings > Cellular, you should set up an eSIM or insert a physical SIM card. If you're using a physical SIM card, remove the SIM card and put it back in.
If your SIM card is damaged, doesn't fit in the SIM tray, or you transferred your physical SIM card from another device, ask your carrier for a new SIM card. 
Learn more about removing your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card.

Reset your Network Settings
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Update your iPhone or iPad
Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.

Let us know how that goes.

Kind regards.

Sim not working properly in iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.