Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve just had an email that my lost iPhone is in Greece

hi I had lost my phone in July went I went on holiday and I couldn’t get it back but I’ve just had an email that someone is playing music and that is on my phone in Greece when I’m home in the uk I just want to make sure the can’t go through my stuff and personal stuff

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 1:27 PM

Yes, that’s where it is, but if you had a password on it no one can use it. And you should put it in Lost mode, which locks it, and optionally erases it. But if you erase it you can no longer track it.

See→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Are you sure you didn’t click on any links in email or messages and enter your Apple ID, even if they appeared to be from Apple? If you did, also see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 1:27 PM in response to keiran229

Yes, that’s where it is, but if you had a password on it no one can use it. And you should put it in Lost mode, which locks it, and optionally erases it. But if you erase it you can no longer track it.

See→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Are you sure you didn’t click on any links in email or messages and enter your Apple ID, even if they appeared to be from Apple? If you did, also see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2022 10:04 AM in response to keiran229

Did you perhaps fall for this common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

If you did they CAN go through your stuff, because you gave them the keys to the kingdom. If you didn’t, then the email you got is one of the above phishing scams.

I’ve just had an email that my lost iPhone is in Greece

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.