Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spatial audio question

Hi, i have an iPhone 13 Pro Max which has been updated to the latest iOS ( iOS 16 ) . I have heard good things about Apple’s Spatial Audio and wanted to try it out. I know that in order to get the most out of Spatial Audio and Dolby Atmos, you should have and use a pair of Apple vended earbuds and headphones. However, i’ve heard that it also works with third-party bluetooth earbuds, which I do have ( Skullcandy Dime/Black) ..I know these are not the best or premium earbuds, or even fancy/pricey, but i can’t find the spatial audio feature/dolby atmos feature/setting on my iphone 13. I can find EQ and Sound Check, but that’s it, no dolby atmos/spatial audio setting at all….

thanks for any help

john b

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 12:51 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2022 12:27 PM in response to Johnb-one

just a tip: AirPods Pro have a feature called spatial stereo that sounds pretty good. I think it’s a programmed (not mixed by an artist) spatial experience for everything. Just pull down the control center when listening on them, hold the volume for a sec, and select “spatial stereo” …. If you bought a pro max iPhone I figure you could afford some AirPods

Spatial audio question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.