Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password for my ipad

I forgot the password for my iPad

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 8:26 PM

You will have to reset the passcode to your iPad by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPad has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPad will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on ➔ iCloud and/or on a computerIf you do then, you can ➔Restore your iPad from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPad has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

f your iPhone or iPad has iOS 15.2 or higher installed, then review this guide published by Apple 👉 How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 8:26 PM in response to etta291

You will have to reset the passcode to your iPad by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPad has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPad will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on ➔ iCloud and/or on a computerIf you do then, you can ➔Restore your iPad from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPad has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

f your iPhone or iPad has iOS 15.2 or higher installed, then review this guide published by Apple 👉 How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer.

Axel F.

I forgot my password for my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.