You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air Generation 4 random restarting issue

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a new iPad Air generation 4 and from the very next day after updating it to iPadOS 15.7 I’m facing the random restarting issue.

Before it restarts there is pink screen which appears followed with the apple logo.

can someone help me on this ,

is it a software problem or the hardware?

Whether it is possible if i can get the device replacement if it the hardware issue? as it is a new device and hardware issue must go under manufacturing defect category.

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 10:31 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 27, 2022 2:12 AM in response to Nitish-Raj

If you have purchased your iPad directly from Apple, you have 14-days within which to unconditionally return your iPad for exchange or refund. If you have any issues whatsoever, you would be best advised to make use of this opportunity to exchange your iPad while the option remains available to you - as after 14-days, your options are more limited.

Otherwise, a reset of your iPad - and setting-up again would be recommended. If you have an iCloud backup, you’ll be able to restore your data after performing the reset:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

If the problem remains unresolved, a Factory Restore may be necessary - this process will fully erase the iPad and install a fresh copy of iPadOS:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you are still unable to resolve the problem, you would be well advised to seek assistance from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Air Generation 4 random restarting issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.