Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks

I read about importing an HTML file of bookmarks from Safari to another browser … I can't find it now . If anyone can provide me with directions for this task it'll be greatly appreciated .

On iPad 9th generation) v 15.7

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:01 AM

I don't know that it's something that's easy to do from an iPad. I googled "how to export bookmarks from Safari" and this was one of the many links that were returned:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/10/17/exporting-safari-bookmarks-from-iphone-ipad-mac-pc/

2 replies

Sep 27, 2022 10:38 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Response for IdrisSeabright ; Bookmarks 🔖

Good article , and you're correct in that it's not on an iPad , has to be a desktop . So I have a

MacMini and I already sync Safari in iCloud hence I was spared having to upload the bookmarks from my devices . My Bookmarks HTML file has been created !

Next , in Safari > files > options to import & export bookmarks HTML or passwords . I didn't complete that part yet , though the article claims that most browsers will import them . Oh , and in the meantime , I discovered that in the Safari menu bar > window > contains " move to iPad 9th gen." … didn't know that was there ~ could be a useful aid for moving stuff around ?

Thank you Idris for solving this , and in quite a timely manner . 🙋‍♀️