Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import bookmarks to iPad without using a computer.

I would like to import an old HTML bookmarks file into Safari on my iPad. The catch, however, is that I no longer own a computer. All I have is my 11 inch iPad Pro, and my iPhone SE 2020. The bookmarks file is currently stored on an old external hard drive.

Is this even possible without the use of a computer?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:34 PM

Thank you for your response. In the end, this is what I did to solve my problem:

1. Connected my hard drive to my iPad, via a dongle.
  2. copy the HTML bookmarks file to the iCloud storage in my account.
  3. Created a shortcut, using the Shortcuts app, That would open the HTML bookmarks file using Quick Look.
  4. saved a copy of the shortcut onto the home screen of my iPad.

While it is not an ideal solution, it does what I need.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 9:34 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thank you for your response. In the end, this is what I did to solve my problem:

1. Connected my hard drive to my iPad, via a dongle.
  2. copy the HTML bookmarks file to the iCloud storage in my account.
  3. Created a shortcut, using the Shortcuts app, That would open the HTML bookmarks file using Quick Look.
  4. saved a copy of the shortcut onto the home screen of my iPad.

While it is not an ideal solution, it does what I need.

Dec 30, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Finallyfoundauniqueusername

Hello Finallyfoundauniqueusername,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, you want to import your bookmarks without a computer. We'll explain.

The only option for syncing bookmarks would be iCloud on the iPad. It would require a computer to import the bookmarks to iCloud to sync to your iPad: Keep your Safari bookmarks, reading list, and tabs up to date with iCloud

If you have any feedback, feel free to leave that here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care.

Import bookmarks to iPad without using a computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.