Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a message from Findmy saying my iphone is online

I just searched and saw the answer that it’s a fraud, unfortunately, I have typed in my phone and iCloud password. I have just changed my iCloud password and I realised that FindMy on that iPhone had been turned off, but I can still see the device on my iCloud account. What should I do next? Should I remove the phone from my account? I am concerned that they have got all my private information on my stolen phone

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:15 AM

Having your ID & password doesn't give them access to the data on the phone (they need the Lock Screen passcode for that) but they would have had access to anything at iCloud.com until you changed your password.

Typically, what they are interested in is to be able to turn off activation lock/find my on the phone and they have done that. The following describes things that you can do when find my is off: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 11:15 AM in response to Appleuser1015

Having your ID & password doesn't give them access to the data on the phone (they need the Lock Screen passcode for that) but they would have had access to anything at iCloud.com until you changed your password.

Typically, what they are interested in is to be able to turn off activation lock/find my on the phone and they have done that. The following describes things that you can do when find my is off: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Got a message from Findmy saying my iphone is online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.