Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software

hi, this is Leo, and everytime I connect my iPhone to my MacBook after updating to iOS 16 it asks me to download a software, when I click install it says it couldn't be downloaded or something. Everytime I look it up it says that my MacBook needs to be up to date, and iTunes too, well my MacBook is up to date, it always is. But I don't even know how to download iTunes Store on my MacBook, I don't even know if it's referring to iTunes Store.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 12:51 PM

What is the exact model of the laptop and version of macOS being used? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

Try booting into Safe Mode which will prevent third party apps from launching automatically at boot & login. Maybe some third party software is interfering with the normal operation of macOS.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 12:51 PM in response to heinz_doofenshmirtz

What is the exact model of the laptop and version of macOS being used? You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

Try booting into Safe Mode which will prevent third party apps from launching automatically at boot & login. Maybe some third party software is interfering with the normal operation of macOS.

Sep 28, 2022 4:34 PM in response to heinz_doofenshmirtz

Glad it worked.

Since Safe Mode worked, it most likely means you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS. The typical culprits are anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, and third party security software. If you have any of these type of apps installed, then I highly recommend you uninstall them by following the developer's instructions since these types of apps are not needed on a Mac, plus they usually cause more problems than they solve and they impact system performance.

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.